The American Polica Motorcycle Museum

The American Polica Motorcycle Museum
The American Police Motorcyle Museum in Meredith, NH is a great place! Interactive exhibits for kids, plus a 1929 Indian Scout that's great for photo ops!

Friday, February 4, 2011

Katrina history and my blog tops 1000 hits!

Our hosts here in Gulfport left an amazing picture book, Katrina Before & After, for their guests to look at. It was produced by the Sun Herald and illustrates Katrina's wrath by pairing before and after shots of various sites (some businesses, some homes) along the Gulf Coast.  It was published in 2006, and we are going to try and find a copy to bring home with us. It is horrifying!

At the same time, the rebuilding and restoration of the economy is progressing (not really helped by the BP oil spill, of course).  Here is a shot of a home along Beach Road--I love the color and feel--and, yes, it is another cheat shot.  I took it last June.

Who wouldn't love to live here?



A cool thing for me--last night my "stats" tracker on Travels with Chase Hit 1000 views since I started the blog a month ago! (And no, I am not tracking my own views).  Guess I'll keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment